ISO 41001:2018 FACILITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ( FMS)
ASCE helps your organization to make yourself unique from other business competitors in Facility Management System
What is an ISO 41001?
ISO 41001 Facility Management System (FMS)was released in 2018 and is the world first international FMS standard to be published by ISO. It integrates multiple disciplines in order to have an influence on the efficiency and productivity of economies of societies, communities and organizations, as well as the manner in which individuals interact with the built environment. FM affects the health, well-being and quality of life of much of the world’s societies and population through the services it manages and delivers.
ISO 410001 is an organizational function which integrates People, Place and Process within the built environment with the purpose of improving the quality of life of people and the productivity of the core business.
ISO 41001:2018 was developed for organizations that incorporate or run facilities management systems which have the option of introducing compliance with the new standard into their business.
The standard was developed to further acknowledge the rapid growth and increased complexity of the facilities management market. It is not sector specific and is intended to be applicable to all organizations or parts of organizations, whether public or private sector, regardless of the type, size and nature of the organizations or geographical location.
ISO 41001:2018 should be implemented so that an organization:
- can demonstrate the effective and efficient delivery of its facilities management services
- can consistently meet the needs of interested parties and clients
- can plan to be sustainable in a globally-competitive environment
ISO 41001:2018 FMS Contents:
As per ISO 41001:2018 the Scope of Hard Facility Management covers:
- Hard Facility Management covers the entire space & infrastructure. This refers to the physical built environment with focus on (work-) space and (building-) infrastructure (such as planning, design, workplace, construction, lease, occupancy, maintenance and furniture).
- Hard facility management relates to the physical part of the building and cannot be removed. These are ‘the essentials,’ and ensure the safety and well-being of staff.
- Majority of hard services are required by law and include provisions such as:
- Fire safety systems
- Air conditioning
- Preventative building maintenance or building improvements
- Electro-mechanical maintenance
SOFT FACILITY MANAGEMENT:
As per ISO 41001:2018 the Scope of Soft Facility Management covers:
- Soft Facility Management covers the people & organization. This is related to work psychology and occupational physiology (such as catering, cleaning, Information Communication Technology, Human Resource, accounting, marketing, hospitality)
- Soft Facility Management are services that are directly used by the staff and can make the workplace more safe or delightful. They are usually not compulsory and can be removed or added at any time.
- A few examples of soft services are:
- Building security
- Aesthetics (decor or landscaping, etc.)
- Mail management
- Office moves/ relocation
- Office etiquette/ decorum
WHY ISO 41001:2018 IMPORTANT?
- The present Facility Management market is dominated by unorganized players and this structured frame work will prepare and meet the upcoming market potential and challenges. It will demonstrate effective and efficient delivery of FM that supports the objectives of the demand organization. ISO 410001:2018 FM Aims to consistently meet the needs of interested parties and applicable requirements.
- The standard aims to be sustainable in a globally-competitive environment.
- Improved workforce productivity, safety and health and well-being.
- Improved communication of requirements and methodologies among and between public and private sector organizations.
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness, thus, improving cost benefits to organizations.
- Improved service consistency.
- Providing a common platform for all types of organizations.
HOW TO ACHIEVE ISO CERTIFICATION?
It is quick and easy to achieve your ISO certification and start winning new business. ASCE Consultant 09 years of the business experience can help you to attain this very easily.
The following are the process in a simplified way
STEP 1: PREPARATION
ASCE dedicated auditor would be on continuous engagement to go through the audit plan in preparation for your stage 1 assessment.
Preliminary Assessment of FM system (Optional)
Document Review: Assessment of whether the FM system is ready with regard to documents and system implementation.
Conformity Assessment: Review and evaluation of FM system documents and Assessment planning, On-site assessment & Reporting
1st Annual Assessment: Follow up assessment after 9 months and before 12 months from Conformity Assessment
2nd Annual Assessment: Follow up assessment after 24 months from Conformity Assessment
ASCE helps your organization to make yourself unique from other business competitors in Energy Management System.
ISO 41001 is also one of the famous ISO standards like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 which is based on the FMS management system model of constant enhancement of the organization.
This standard makes the organizations to easily integrate the Facility management in all of their efforts to enhance the Safety, Quality as well as Environmental management.